Friday, August 28, 2009

Couch to 5K - Week 2 Day 3

Wow... what a great finish to the week. Wednesday I finished 1.91 miles (my best distance to date) followed up today by a 2.02 mile effort. This is the first time I have ever completed a distance like that with any type of running.

The progress has been good. I weighed myself on Wednesday and found that in 2.5 weeks I have dropped a total of ten pounds.

As I did last week, I tried to push Day 3 a little harder. I sustained a run of 7MPH during part of the last interval which felt really good and got the heart rate pumping.

Still, the most amazing part for me is the fact I'm actually enjoying this. My old philosophy was I would only run if someone (and he'd better be extremely large) was chasing me. My energy is higher than it has been in years... on to week 3 Monday which looks like this:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
• Jog 90 seconds
• Walk 90 seconds
• Jog 3 minutes
• Walk 3 minutes

2 comments:

  1. 10 pounds?! Great job!!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss! Try to hang on to this feeling -- believe me, I know how it can come and go.

    ReplyDelete