Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Week 3 Day 2

I've had a couple of runs since my last update.

A slight setback over the weekend. On Saturday I was helping some friends move and at one point felt something pull between my shoulder blades (my unprofessional opinion is it is a pulled muscle). It's been hurting ever since, especially if I sit still for any period of time more than 5 minutes.

My runs this week go as follows: 5 minute warm-up walk, 90 second jog/90 second walk, 3 minute jog/3 minute walk, 90/90, 3/3, cool-down walk.

Monday I managed to finish, the cardio was a little stretched at the end of the second 3 minute jog, but the legs felt fine. What has hurt is my back up where the (presumably) pulled muscle is.

This morning it hurt bad enough I couldn't finish the 2nd 3 minute run and had to finish the last minute and a half walking (though I did keep a brisk 4.2mph pace while walking).

It's frustrating to know that my legs and cardio are okay to handle it, but there's another injury which is keeping me from accomplishing my goal for the week.

I'm considering taking Friday off from running (would just do a brisk walk instead) and giving myself over the weekend to hopefully heal. I'll make that call on Friday depending on how my back feels when I wake up.

1 comment:

  1. You gotta listen to your body, don't over do it or you could seriously hurt yourself. Hope your back feels better soon. Still really proud of your progress! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete