Friday, August 14, 2009

Week 1(a) Day 3

Oops!

So... as I misread the C25K training program, I thought Week 1 was supposed to look like this:

Stretch
5 minute warm-up walk
Alternate 60 seconds of running/90 seconds of walking for 30 minutes
Stretch

The actual training was supposed to alternate 60 seconds of running/90 seconds of walking for TWENTY minutes, not thirty. No wonder I found it more difficult for a beginning program. As I mentioned in a previous post, I modified my week 1 agenda because I knew I couldn't keep it up for 30 minutes. Duh. So, today I finished my Week 1(a) Day 3 modified agenda where I did 60/90 for 10 minutes... walked 10... and another 60/90 for 10 minutes. Day 3 was actually the hardest of the 3 days as I experienced some soreness in my calves during the runs.

Monday I'm going to start the ACTUAL C25K interval training. It kind of worked out for me though... I think the modified agenda for week 1 allowed me to get my general fitness up for a bit. I really focused on controlling breathing and relaxing while I ran. My heart rate and recovery time increased dramatically even with just 3 days of cardio.

Also, I think I've found a training partner to start with me on Monday, someone to help keep me motivated and accountable. I had someone who was supposed to start with me this week, but they flaked... they apparently decided at about 5:30am on Monday that 5:30am was too early to hit the gym. So, I finished my first week alone.

The new training partner seems serious and motivated (and I also threatened to refer to him by a not-so-nice name for the remainder of the year if he wimped out at this point).

I mixed in some light weight training today after my interval training. I did 3 sets of 10 reps flys on a machine, 3x10 seated military presses, and 3x10 hack squats.

Side note: I decided to go ahead and weigh myself just to track the progress. 334 pounds as of today... so, I was right... I figured I was in the 330-340 range. So it goes.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing good! Keep it up!

    Is there anything else you are doing in between the days of training? Are you working out as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - having a training partner is a great idea. Accountability is key! You are doing great, keep up the good work! I have a blog about my weight loss journey - check it out sometime. I need all the supporters I can get! Plus, I want to help motivate others too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete