Friday, September 4, 2009

Week 3 Day 3

Thursday was an "off" (i.e. non-running) day, but I still hit the gym and put in two miles walking... I'm going to do this on Tuesdays and Thursdays and allow my body to rest over the weekends to prepare for the next week. I'm doing this for cross-training purposes and also to promote weight loss to make running even easier still.

Someone made a comment to me Thursday afternoon that I seemed to be walking better and my posture was more normal (I was slouching a bit compensating for a back I couldn't keep straight due to a pulled muscle). It hadn't dawned on me, but at some point on Thursday my back felt a lot better! It was a bit stiff this morning, but nothing terrible and it got worked lose within a few minutes of activity.

Soooo... week 3 day 3 met a 95% healthy me and didn't stand a Siamese cat's chance at a pitbull convention. Even after not finishing the full last interval on W3D2, I decided to go for it today... and my last 3 minute run I stretched into a 4 minute run.

I figured I'd try some of the advice I've given to some of the people I know who have picked up C25K now (I've got 8 friends I know of who have started this after I did... go friends!). The advice? If you slow down a little, you can run further. So, I slowed my roll just a bit and easily completed the 3-minute runs. The last run, as mentioned, I pushed a little harder and went 4 minutes.

I'll consider Week 3 in the books, ready to start smashing week 4 on Monday!

My big announcement for the week? I accepted a position with my company in another one of our call centers in Monroe, Louisiana. My last day in Hot Springs will be 10/2 and I will report to Monroe on 10/5. The Spa 5K is November 21st (not the 28th as I previously thought) and I will still be coming back for it.

Another positive... there are several 5Ks and other running events in the Monroe area per year and only one in Hot Springs.

1 comment: